The Drive to Digital: Disruption or Discovery?
International Conference and Exhibition for Automotive Supply Chain Management, Information Technology and Communications
The transformation of businesses that is brought about by digitalisation is commonly referred to as digital disruption. There is no denying that such a profound transformation is disruptive but in our eyes the drive to digital is also a journey of great discovery. Whatever your view, disruption or discovery, in order to survive in this environment it is clear that businesses must be agile and focus on responding quickly to fundamental changes.
It’s about the capability of an enterprise to master information and only those who know how to make use of the increasing volume of available data will make the difference and be successful.
But digitalisation of the supply chain is
certainly not a new topic and Odette has been at the forefront of the
information revolution. Although possibly considered as ‘disruptive’ in the
1980s, Odette standards, especially in the areas of electronic messaging, auto
id and telecommunications, are now ‘run of the mill’ implementations which have
saved billions for the industry over the past 30 years. In order to take maximum
advantage from earlier investments, organisations must take a holistic approach
in rebuilding business processes and consider how the integration of the latest
innovations can enhance the capabilities of more traditional legacy technologies.
Having an ecosystem of forward looking business partners is vital in tackling the real challenges of digitalisation and in bringing fresh thinking to your own company and colleagues. At Odette2018, you can discover how your peers are approaching the next steps and how they are leveraging new and existing technology to effectively bridge the data gap, whilst learning how others from the global automotive supply chain and beyond are discovering how to minimise the disruption of the drive to digital.
"I use what I have
learned at the Odette conference everyday with my team"
"It is essential for me to come to the
Odette conference because in 2 days I solve more problems than in a week in the
learning from others and using that knowledge in my day to day job"
"It is essential for
our company to support the Odette conference to meet our business partners"
2018 Keynote Speakers
Senior VP Supply Chain
Head of Inbound Logistics
Jaguar Land Rover
Senior VP Supply Chain
Senior VP Operations
Volvo Group Trucks Asia
Last Year's Programme
Restructuring for Digital Transformation
- Eric MARCHIOL, Digital Officer Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing & Supplier Performance, Director, Renault
Mergers & Acquisitions: Challenges & Opportunities for the Digital Supply Chain
- John SOBECK, Vice President, MM Integration SCM, Processes and Systems, Head of MM Services, ZF Group
RFID deployment within Michelin Truck and Bus tires, from cradle to grave
- Bertrand PIGEAT, Supply-Chain Director, Truck&Bus global B.U. , Michelin
Digital Transformation – from Vehicle Manufacturer to Digital Solution Provider
- Joachim WALLENSTEIN, Director Marketing & Communication, RIO at M.A.N. Truck and Bus
Making Decisions with a Digital Twin
- Thomas REPPAHN, Senior Vice President, Logistics Product and Process Management, Schenker Deutschland
- Dr. Christian SCHWEDE, Head of Department, Fraunhofer IML
Innovative Automotive Supply Chain Solutions in Turkey
- Recai ISIKTAS, Logistics Manager, Ford Otosan
Supply Chain Management in Asia - From Volume to Value
- Andreas SUBBE, Director Supply Chain Management Automotive Asia Pacific, Continental Automotive Holding, China
Establishing a robust Supply Network in Africa and the Middle East
- Gilles THOLLOT, International Supply Chain Expert, Group Peugeot
Can last mile logistics challenge the traditional distribution model for automotive service parts?
- Pascal BORN, Business Development Director Industry, XPOLogistics
Dynamic Product Identification enables Build to Order in Asia
- Helena ERIKSSON, E2E Business Process Developer, Volvo Group Trucks Operation
- Lars CEDERHOLM, Senior Business Analyst, EDI & B2B, Volvo Group Trucks Operation
How Connected Technology will give rise to more efficient Supply Chains
- Michael MARTIN, VP Strategic Development Global Automotive, DHL
eInvoicing: An Obligation not a Choice
- Jean-Luc FAYE, IS Functional Manager, B2B & EDI Expert, Michelin
Digital Transformation of Packaging Data
- Anne-Sophie LANDIER, Application Manager Inbound Logistics IS, Supply Chain IS Department , Renault
- Andre FERRARI, CEO, Tenor EDI Services
Lean EDI: Supporting the Business Dynamic at an even lower cost
- John JAMES , EDI/IT Manager, AGC Glass Europe
- Wilson MENEZES, Product Director, Sintel
Enabling a secure portal-based Engineering Data Exchange with external Partners
- Thomas GRAWE, Domain Lead Master Data Management, Information Service – Engineering Systems, CLAAS
Where is that Truck, where is that Container? Automatic Ordering and Tracking of Transport
- Andrea SUEMER, Logistics Specialist, Volkswagen
- Patric GALETZKA, Senior Project Manager Logistics, HELLA
- Markus EXO, Key Account Manager, Duvenbeck
Bringing the Transport Label into the 21st Century
- Thomas SIECK, Manager EDI / System Integration - IT Inbound Logistics, Volkswagen
Building an IT infrastructure for RFID
- John F. REIMERS, Senior Project Manager , Robert Bosch
ISDN is shutting down all over Europe: don’t get cut off from your Customers!
- Ebbo BORM, IT Expert, Volkswagen
- Ronnie BRATTFALK, Teamleader EDI Integration, Scania IT
- Udo THIENELT, Information Competence Centre Manager, Hella
- Joerg WALTHER, Programme Manager EDI, eBusiness, VDA
Automotive Supply Chain Risk: How to measure, how to master?
- Terry ONICA, Director Automotive, QAD
The significance of MMOG/LE to IATF16949 certification
- Mike DICKINSON, General Manager – Automotive, SMMT IF
The conference presentations are available for download. Access is free of charge for conference delegates who can obtain a password.
These visits are offered free of charge to conference delegates.
La Francaise de Mecanique
The Douvrin PSA Site is dedicated to the production of petrol and diesel engines. The site produces 5 engine families, including the EB Turbo PureTech engine, which was awarded “Engine of the Year” in its category during three consecutive years. Discover the specific supply chain processes required to produce engine.
Further activities to be announced
Sponsoring and exhibiting at Odette2018?
The Odette2018 automotive supply chain conference will bring together some of the most well-known and forward-thinking experts in the industry, along with representatives from a wide variety of organisations at every level of the global supply chain.
Exhibitors will meet with key decision makers from automotive companies worldwide – Odette2018 will offer unparalleled opportunities for networking with potential customers and provides customers with a chance to engage with new suppliers. True to the Odette ethos, the conference also provides an ideal environment for competitors to share ideas and concepts and pave the way for mutually beneficial collaboration.
Click here to request Odette2018 Exhibition Information
If you are:
Technical experts – solutions providers, software developers, hardware manufacturers and systems integrators.
Consultants – e-Business, engineering collaboration, sourcing, cross-border invoicing and supply chain management experts.
Marketplace specialists – transport companies, inventory management businesses, logistics service providers and VANs/EDI hub representatives.
Capitalise on this unique opportunity where logistics and IT professionals from the global automotive industry come together under one roof.
Starting with a cocktail in the exhibition area, delegates
will be transported to a special location for an entertaining evening dinner offered
free of charge. This is one of the highlights of the Conference and is an
excellent opportunity to network and spend the evening with colleagues and
customers in a relaxed atmosphere.
The evening promises to be a lively highlight of the
conference. It must be booked at time of registration to guarantee access.
Bring lots of business cards!
Venue and Hotels
Lille Grand Palais
1, Boulevard des Cités-Unies