The Drive to Digital: Disruption or Discovery?
International Conference and Exhibition for Automotive Supply Chain Management, Information Technology and Communications
The transformation of businesses that is brought about by digitalisation is commonly referred to as digital disruption. There is no denying that such a profound transformation is disruptive but in our eyes the drive to digital is also a journey of great discovery. Whatever your view, disruption or discovery, in order to survive in this environment it is clear that businesses must be agile and focus on responding quickly to fundamental changes.
It’s about the capability of an enterprise to master information and only those who know how to make use of the increasing volume of available data will make the difference and be successful.
But digitalisation of the supply chain is
certainly not a new topic and Odette has been at the forefront of the
information revolution. Although possibly considered as ‘disruptive’ in the
1980s, Odette standards, especially in the areas of electronic messaging, auto
id and telecommunications, are now ‘run of the mill’ implementations which have
saved billions for the industry over the past 30 years. In order to take maximum
advantage from earlier investments, organisations must take a holistic approach
in rebuilding business processes and consider how the integration of the latest
innovations can enhance the capabilities of more traditional legacy technologies.
Having an ecosystem of forward looking business partners is vital in tackling the real challenges of digitalisation and in bringing fresh thinking to your own company and colleagues. At Odette2018, you can discover how your peers are approaching the next steps and how they are leveraging new and existing technology to effectively bridge the data gap, whilst learning how others from the global automotive supply chain and beyond are discovering how to minimise the disruption of the drive to digital.
"I use what I have
learned at the Odette conference everyday with my team"
"It is essential for me to come to the
Odette conference because in 2 days I solve more problems than in a week in the
learning from others and using that knowledge in my day to day job"
"It is essential for
our company to support the Odette conference to meet our business partners"
2018 Keynote Speakers
Senior VP Supply Chain
Senior VP Supply Chain
Senior VP Operations
Volvo Group Trucks Asia
Logistics of the Future – Transparent, Autonomous, Networked
- Jürgen MAIDL, Senior VP Supply Chain, BMW
Global Integration and the Impact of Digitalisation on Supply Processes
- Francesca GAMBONI, Senior VP Supply Chain, PEUGEOT Group
Doing Business in Asia
- Helen SAVMYR, Senior VP Operations, VOLVO GROUP TRUCKS Asia
Bringing RFID Capability to a large Packaging Pool
- Andreas JUNG, Senior Manager Empties Operations, DAIMLER
Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in action in the Supply Chain
- Mariem GARGOURI, Data Scientist, Renault Group
- Yannick TERTRIN, Business Data Analyst, Renault Group
Digital Transformation of a Logistics Division
- To Be Announced, RENAULT-NISSAN-MITSUBISHI
Using Bio-intelligence to transform Supply Chains in a VUCA World
- Dr. Christian SCHWEDE, Head of department “Information Logistics and Decision Support Systems“, Fraunhofer IMFL
BREXIT - What does it mean in Reality for Customs and Trade?
- Lars KARLSSON, CEO, KGH Global
Applying JIT Techniques to the Supply of Returnable Packaging
- Markus EXO, Key Account Manager, DUVENBECK
- Andrea SUEMER, Logistics Specialist, VOLKSWAGEN
Global Transport Label – the Essential Physical Support for Digitalisation
- Sven COENEN, Scania
- Lars CEDERHOLM, Volvo GTO
- Thomas SIECK, Volkswagen
- Udo THIENELT, Hella
- Heiko WÖHNER, Schaeffler
- Jörg WALTHER, VDA
Harnessing the power of Blockchain to increase Speed and Visibility in Global Trade
- Norbert KOUWENHOVEN, Customs, Borders Leader, GTD
eInvoicing: Let’s Make it the Norm for Invoicing and drop the ‘e’
- Fredrick ALL, VOLVO
- Jean-Luc FAYE, MICHELIN
- Peggy JOUANNE, PEUGEOT Group
- Cyrille SAUTEREAU, FNFE-MPE
Vive la Revolution! Adapting to a Technological Future
- David BRINDLEY, International Operations Development Manager, JAGUAR LAND ROVER
Understanding and Planning a Road Map to Digital Transformation
- Ahmet ÖZGŰR DOĞAN , Supply Chain Development Manager , TOFAS / FIAT Turkey
Logistics Service Providers as Innovation Drivers
- Pascal BORN, VP Strategic Accounts Europe, XPO Logistics
On-Boarding Tier2 Suppliers with EDI Standards
- Michael GOMEZ, IT Project Manager, FAURECIA
Integrating EDI, IoT and Big Data - The Challenges and the Opportunities
- Stefan TROPPER, IT Tower Manager, B2B & Solutions, MAGNA GLOBAL IT
Realtime Stock Management System using RFID
- Osman SELCUK SARIOGLU, Manager, Production Planning and Control, FORD OTOSAN
Seamless Monitoring of Automotive Business Processes
- John F. REIMERS, Process Manager i4.0, Innovation Management Logistics – Project House: Enabling Bosch, ROBERT BOSCH
Transporting EV Batteries across the World
- Christian MOSER, Global Account Management Automotive, DB SCHENKER
Using MMOG/LE to develop a Logistics Organisation fit for the Digital Age
- Christian AIGNER, SCM Supplier Readiness & Development, FORD
- Johan BYSTEDT, Partner, MERIDION
- Mike DICKINSON, General Manager - Automotive, SMMT IF
- Peter HARTIG, Supply Chain Expert, ZF
- Terry ONICA, Director Automotive, QAD
These visits are offered free of charge to conference delegates.
La Francaise de Mecanique
The Douvrin PSA Site is dedicated to the production of petrol and diesel engines. The site produces 5 engine families, including the EB Turbo PureTech engine, which was awarded “Engine of the Year” in its category during three consecutive years. Discover the specific supply chain processes required to produce engine.
Further activities to be announced
Sponsoring and exhibiting at Odette2018?
The Odette2018 automotive supply chain conference will bring together some of the most well-known and forward-thinking experts in the industry, along with representatives from a wide variety of organisations at every level of the global supply chain.
Exhibitors will meet with key decision makers from automotive companies worldwide – Odette2018 will offer unparalleled opportunities for networking with potential customers and provides customers with a chance to engage with new suppliers. True to the Odette ethos, the conference also provides an ideal environment for competitors to share ideas and concepts and pave the way for mutually beneficial collaboration.
Click here to request Odette2018 Exhibition Information
If you are:
Technical experts – solutions providers, software developers, hardware manufacturers and systems integrators.
Consultants – e-Business, engineering collaboration, sourcing, cross-border invoicing and supply chain management experts.
Marketplace specialists – transport companies, inventory management businesses, logistics service providers and VANs/EDI hub representatives.
Capitalise on this unique opportunity where logistics and IT professionals from the global automotive industry come together under one roof.
Starting with a cocktail in the exhibition area, delegates
will be transported to a special location for an entertaining evening dinner offered
free of charge. This is one of the highlights of the Conference and is an
excellent opportunity to network and spend the evening with colleagues and
customers in a relaxed atmosphere.
The evening promises to be a lively highlight of the
conference. It must be booked at time of registration to guarantee access.
Bring lots of business cards!