Logistics Capability Evaluation
The automotive industry demands a sophisticated approach to supply chain management. Balancing the demands of customers with available resources is no easy task and it is vital that managers know exactly which parts of the logistics process are working efficiently and which need to be improved.
In meeting this challenge, the Global MMOG/LE tool has become the de-facto standard for evaluating supply chain processes in the automotive industry; it is widely used for internal assessments, organisation benchmarking and improving supply chain performance.
Continuous supply chain improvement
The Global Materials Management Operations Guidelines/Logistics Evaluation (Global MMOG/LE) tool contains almost 200 logistics assessment criteria which allow an organisation’s processes to be benchmarked against industry best practice.
- The capability and performance of existing logistics organisations are evaluated using Global MMOG/LE (with simple ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ ratings) and logistics system plans that meet customer or internal requirements are supported.
- Evaluations assist vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to reduce costs, waste, and workloads by streamlining and improving operating procedures.
- Global MMOG/LE also makes it much easier to explain supply chain operations to external customers and demonstrate improvement to internal management.
The tool is aligned with the common goals of ISO/TS 16949:2002 and contains number and terminology consistent with this widely implemented global standard.
Since it was first launched, the MMOG/LE has been regularly updated to both reflect changes in supply chain practices and enhance the functionality of the tool. The latest version, Global MMOG/LEv4, was officially released in May 2014 and is available for free download by Odette members or purchase by non-members via buttons at the top of this page.
One major new feature of Version 4 is the inclusion of a “Basic” module
aimed at smaller suppliers as well as those in developing markets or
those whose main business may be in sectors other than automotive. This
“Basic” module, containing a reduced number of criteria focusing on the
core fundamentals of logistics best practice, provides a valuable first
step along the path to compliance with the full MMOG/LE.
The complete tool is available in English, French and German. Translation of the assessment criteria are also available in several other languages.
Global MMOG/LE Training
Global MMOG/LE training courses take place around the world and Odette maintains a list of approved training providers covering the major European automotive markets and the larger emerging economies.
Several Odette National Organisations have set up comprehensive national training programmes based on commonly agreed guidelines.
- 19 Jan 2021 MOROCCO: MMOG/LE V5 (Online Training)
- 28 Jan 2021 PORTUGAL & SPAIN: MMOG/LE V5 (Online Learning)
- 03 Feb 2021 FRANCE: GLOBAL MMOG / LE Training Course
- 09 Feb 2021 FRANCE: Global MMOG / LE Training Course
- 11 Feb 2021 PORTUGAL & SPAIN: MMOG/LE V5 (Online Training)
- 15 Feb 2021 MEXICO: Global MMOG/LE V5 - Training Course (Online)